Thursday, October 14, 2010

Google Earth Virtual Tour

On my virtual tour my first graders will make stops around the world. At each stop students will click on a link and explore that country. While exploring the country they will have to answer a question about that countries culture. The questions can be about the countries food, music, traditions, or language. I found Google Earth very easy to use. I think the my students will enjoy using this site to look at different places in their neighborhood and around the world. Creating a virtual tour would have to be done as a whole class activity. I would have my first graders list the places to visit and think of the questions to place at each destination. I would have to be the person actually typing out the locations and questions. I would post our final tour to my class blog and have students complete the tour at home with their parents.

Click here to take the world culture tour

1 comment:

  1. This a great way for students to learn about other countrys!

    ReplyDelete